Saturday 21 November 2015

Feedback Update

Thanks to everyone that has already completed the DiggyVerse 2.0 feedback form!

If you haven't completed it yet but would like to it's not too late, you can find the form here.

Here's some examples of what I've been working on based on your feedback so far:

Based on the DiggyVerse 1.x feedback;
  • More custom mobs, especially passive ones.
So far I've already completed 7 additional mobs, all based on custom models! Of these, 3 have variants with different textures etc, 5 are passive and 2 are aggressive (well, 1 is only aggressive if you get too close!).
  • A simple way to trap and transport animals.
It took a lot of work but I've come up with a way of doing this which keeps it simple and works for every passive mob I've tried it on (including ones from other mods), I finally finished this feature a few days ago.
  • More custom features for The End.
I'm still working on this but so far I've added 2 new blocks to the End world generation, one of which is used for a surface feature. What are they and what are they used for? Well you'll have to wait and see!
  • An alternative way of obtaining wither skulls.
I finished work on this last week, they're a little risky to obtain if you're going solo but I didn't want to make it too easy! Again I don't want to give too much away yet so watch this space.

Based on the DiggyVerse 2.x feedback so far;

Obviously I don't want to give too much away at this early stage but to give you an idea of how your feedback has influenced things so far...
  • Currently 2 additional mods are being included based on your suggestions.
  • Based on a feature request 1 mod has been removed, instead I've added similar features to my Diggys Stuff mod... but with some major enhancements!
  • I've added a couple of new world generation features for the Nether to my Diggys Stuff mod.
  • I've started work on 2 new mobs based on suggestions, 1 passive and 1 aggressive.
  • I'm working on adding a couple Tekkit Classic inspired functional blocks, with a twist, which a couple of players mentioned they really missed and I agree would be great to have.
Sorry it's gone a bit quiet on here again, I've been very busy coding away and creating the hundreds of new textures needed for DiggyVerse 2.0. I'll be posting more information soon and answering some questions asked via the feedback form so keep checking back!